There are plenty of DIY magazines doing the rounds these days that help you accomplish aplenty. It really doesn’t matter how frivolous your DIY needs are, there definitely is something that you can find out there. You only need to be skilled enough and have the right kind of guide in order to be able to finish the project with finesse.
Similarly, making an air purifier on your own is not that big a deal. Moreover, it will help you save money and you have the satisfaction of knowing that it is going to be effective. You need to have a good quality filter and fan and you are good to go. These will ensure that you actually have a durable air purifier.It is indeed a thrilling experience to be able to make an air purifier at home.
First, ensure that there are no problems that otherwise exist with regular air purifiers. One of the main things is that they are too small in size and hence, don’t have a larger reach. It is necessary that you make a larger one that conserves the environment as well as saves electricity. Thus, if you are going to make an air purifier of your own, ensure that you don’t have to face these problems.
Here is a proper method of making this air purifier –
More often than not, the material for any DIY project is found at home itself. An air purifier however is a serious matter and it is necessary that the home be free of dust and germs. Yet, air purifiers in the market are extremely expensive. Thus, if you decide to make it at home, ensure that you have the right kind of materials. If you aren’t sure, then find a picture of the materials online so that you know what the materials look like. The materials that you will need for building an air purifier are as follows –
- A PVC tube. It is necessary that this PVC tube is of the right size if you want to fit it into your air purifier. It is a good idea to find one that is around a foot long or at least 3-4 cm in size.
- A computer fan. Once again, ensure that everything is of the right size. A computer fan that is of around 12 Volts is good to go.
- An Adapter. An Ac/DC is a good idea and ensure that it has a DC output. Also, see to it that the DC output is the same for both the fan as well as the adapter.
- A filter. This one goes without saying. If you are making an air purifier, you cannot make it without the filter. Do see if it has to be in tandem with your air conditioner or else, the purifier will be of no use.
- A Toggle Switch. Any kind of toggle switch should be good to go.
A Step by Step Lowdown
Apart from the fan and the filter, you will need a few huge rubber bands to get things done. You can easily find the fan and the filter at a random hardware store or even online. Thus, there are enough avenues where you can go ahead and make your purchase. One of the basic things that you should keep in mind while buying a filter is the MERV ratings. Don’t use a filter with MERV ratings that aren’t anything close to 13. Once everything is in place, see to it that you have conjoined the filter and the fan with the help of rubberbands or duct tape. Of course, you will have to punch in a few holes in order to be able to make the electric connections.
It is meant to cleanse the air inside your home and hence, it is important that you do it right. For, the ones available in the market are extremely expensive. You will be making a portable air cleaner that ensures that your room is dust free come sun or rain. This is even more important if you have a pet. Hence, ensure that you follow the guide religiously and do everything correctly.
Air purifiers are necessary but expensive. However, they are fairly simple to make on your own and you don’t have to spend on ridiculously priced filters either.